Monday, October 5, 2009

{monday in san miguel de allende...}

For me, the excitement of travel comes with finding the unexpected. Harder to do today, especially in highly touristed hot spots like San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.

But every once in a while, a little surprise still finds itself hidden in even the most well known historical quarters. How can you not get excited about this beautifully designed Casa Castilla? Norwegian Architect, Anja Fauske and Interior Designer Anne-Marie Midy teamed up to refurbish SMA's first orphange that dates back to the early 1600's.

This hanging bed is my favourite feature...

And this sunken stone tub... wow!


I'd be pretty pleased to be spending my Monday with a book and cup of tea by this fire... and let the week begin...

3 comments:

  1. these are stunning photos. what a beautiful blog, you have here.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my ultimate hide-away.
    I finally made it there last year.
    It was a surprise trip of a life time.
    My husband could not figure out what all the fuss was about, and so booked the trip to entertain me and my whimsical wishes but, it was he who cried along the church pews asking why we had to leave.
    It really is that special.
    We stayed at Casa Quetzal Hotel/Bed&Breakfast, owned by American painter Cynthia Price.
    Everyone was so nice.
    www.casaquetzalhotel.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin